I was born in England and came to the United States to work for a start-up company in Silicon Valley in 1994. My wife and I moved to Issaquah in 1997 and I became a US Citizen in 1998. We moved to North Bend in 2002 and have lived there with our two children ever since. Our eldest graduated from Mt Si in 2018 and we have a 10th grader. Both our children have had the fortune to attend SVSD schools from Kindergarten to High School.
My career has been in the high tech industry, since 1990 in the field of telecommunications. My early jobs were in software development and project management before I found my way to marketing and sales roles. My most recent position was as Divisional CEO of a major telecoms infrastructure manufacturer. I have an Honors degree in Genetics and Microbiology.
I was elected to the school board in 2012 and have served for the last eight years. I was elected by my fellow board members to be President for three years.
On the School Board I have initiated and supported a number of important initiatives:
• Significant pay raises for all staff in the District
• A new Mt Si High School and Timber Ridge Elementary School
• A Strategic Plan to guide the work of our District
• Improvement in the Mt. Si graduation rate to 96%
• A District Scorecard to track our progress
• Academic pathways to help our kids succeed
• Fought for increased counseling and nursing staff
Before joining the school board
• Bond campaign Chairman.
• Board member at Encompass.
• Coached kids soccer.
• Chair of the North Bend Economic Development Commission.
• Founder of the North Bend Downtown Foundation.
• President Snoqualmie Valley PTSA Council.
• Received the WA State PTA "Golden Acorn" award for services to children in the Valley.